|One of the primary logos for the franchise|
|Developer(s)||Capcom, Inti Creates|
|Creator(s)|| Akira Kitamura|
|Plataform of Origin||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Firs Release date|| Mega Man|
|Latest Release date|| Mega Man 10|
|Spin-offs||Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero, Mega Man ZX, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Battle Network, Mega Man Starforce|
Mega Man, commonly abbreviated MM and known as Rockman in Japan, is a franchise spanning 7 series set in two alternate universes. It is notable as one of Capcom's best selling video game series, having over 50 games separated in between its 7 series. Each new series usually contains a namesake character, Mega Man, as the main character.
The original universe contains most of the series: Mega Man (Classic), Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero, Mega Man ZX and Mega Man Legends. The second universe contains only Battle Network and Starforce thus far.
Mighty No. 9 is the spiritual successor to the Mega Man franchise, following Keiji Inafune's departure from Capcom and the subsequent fallout.
- Mega Man (Classic): The original Mega Man series, in which Mega Man battles the evil scientist Dr. Wily. This series spawned multiple spinoffs.
- Mega Man X: The Mega Man X series is the continuation of the original Mega Man series, taking place a century later. The Maverick Hunters Mega Man X and Zero fight against Maverick Reploids and the seemingly immortal Sigma.
- This series introduced advanced techniques such as dashing and wall-climbing, and introduced wearable armors.
- Mega Man Zero: The next series off the Mega Man X series. It tells the story of what happened to Zero after the events of the Mega Man X series.
- Mega Man ZX: The Mega Man ZX series takes place after the Mega Man Zero series. All previous heroes appear as Biometals that certain persons can Megamerge with to become a Mega Man.
- Mega Man Legends: The Mega Man Legends series is the series after Mega Man ZX and the thought-of-end of the Mega Man series. It takes place thousands of years in the future in a world covered by water, with only a few tiny islands over the vast oceans.
- Mega Man Battle Network: The Mega Man Battle Network series takes place in a more realistic world in which virtually everything in life is intertwined with the Internet. Most of the population use NetNavis, sentient programs who inhabit the Internet. This series does not take place in the original timeline.
- Mega Man Starforce: The Mega Man Star Force series takes place around 200 years after the Mega Man Battle Network series.
- Rockman XOver: A Japan-, Korea-, and China-only social RPG game for IOS, this game existed outside of the regular continuities by considering all games as existing in the same universe. The game failed and collapsed in 2015. It is unlikely to spawn any sequels.